Are you wondering why your new well-designed website still has little traffic? Your site may have a visually appealing, professional look. But this is not enough to boost your customer base. With only less than 5% of a user navigating to the second page of the SERPS, your site is not going to be seen by most of the users if you are not on the first page.
This is why you need to make your website SEO friendly to earn first page rankings to increase organic traffic. The search engine crawls the web and interprets content and indexes it in the database. If you want to structure your webpage structure alike for both human visitors and search engine, here is the complete guide to help to help you out.
Table of Contents:
Consider On-Page SEO Optimization
Keyword still plays a vital role in the ranking algorithm of the search engines, and effective utilization of keyword can help you create a well-optimized webpage. On-page SEO optimization is the process of optimizing content and HTML source code of a web page to rank higher and drive more relevant traffic in search engines. Here is how to include keyword phrase in the webpage to see a good result.
• At least once in the title tag
• Close to the beginning of the title tag
• 2-3 times near the top of the page with variations
• In the Alt attribute of images
• Once in the URL
• Meta description
Make Your Content Indexable
Your website content needs to be indexable to perform well in search engine listings. Non-text content like images and Java applets are usually overlooked by search engine crawlers; it is better to have your content in HTML text format. However, if you want some advanced formatting and visual displays keep the following points in mind.
• Don’t forget to add alt text to images to offer a text description for the visual element to the search engine.
• Add text to the page with Java plug-ins or Flash.
• Complement search boxes using crawlable links.
• If the word used in the video and audio is needed to be indexed by the engines, add a transcript to it.
Crawlable Links For Pages
Suppose the crawler has reached 1 or 2 pages that are linked to your homepage. But it skips some important pages just because it has no way to reach them. For Google, they don’t exist as there are no direct, crawlable links for those pages. Even though you have a great content and keyword targeting, it won’t make a difference your pages are not reachable for crawlers in the first place. Here are some factors that can restrict the crawler.
• If your site needs completion and submission of forms for accessing a certain page, so, that content may not be accessible to the search engines.
• Meta Robots tag and the file named robots.txt restrict crawler access to a page. So, the presence of any link pointing to such page can block the access of crawler to your page.
• Frames or iframes may arise some structural issues of organization and follow for the crawler.
• If your page has a search form to find content, chances are it can leave your pages inaccessible until a crawled page links to them.
• Pages brimming with thousands of links may not be crawled and indexed.
Title tags are important for both SEO and user experience. It should be brief and accurate. Here are some best practices to make your page SEO friendly.
• Watch your keyword length (65-75 characters)
• Place the important keyword closer to the start of the title tag
• Make it descriptive and readable
URLs are crucial elements of a website regarding search perspective as it can impact click-through and visibility of the page. Poor URL structure can hamper the user experiences. Here are some points to keep in mind while crafting a URL for a better result.
• Keep it Short
• Include important keyword
• Separate the words with hyphens
• Go static
The Bottom Line
SEO friendly design and development is the key to make your website successful. The above guideline will help you start off on the right foot to build a better online presence. To drive even more traffic to your site and boost your sale, consult expert online marketers.
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest SEO & SMO News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
See Our Blogcenter