One of the best ways to drive qualified traffic to your site is through search engines. One of the best ways to get found in a search engine like Google is to provide valuable information for your audience and optimize that content for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
There are many variables that you will need to consider as you optimize content for search engines, but your time and effort will pay off as you drive more traffic to your site. SEO copywriting is a necessary skill if you want to grow your online presence and close more sales. Here are the top five tips to help you rank your SEO copywriting projects for the future!
1. Write For Your Target Audience & Business Goals
If you want to optimize your content for search engines, then you need to understand that each piece of material needs to have a goal. Whether that goal is to educate a prospect or have your reader download an ebook, you need to set a goal and write content around that goal.
Each goal should be set based on your target audience, and since each person who goes to your site is unique, you will need to understand your target audience. The Customer Journey is not a linear path, and your customers will often have several touchpoints from the moment they land on your site to the moment they complete a goal.
Here are a few of the touchpoints and steps your customers will go through before they convert on your site:
● Awareness: Potential customers at this stage are trying to find answers to questions. They are not ready to make a purchase, so you should use educational articles, infographics, and other entry content to help attract visitors to your site.
● Consideration: After customers have basic questions answered you will be able to direct your audience towards conversion by providing content that compares different solutions. You can use white papers, case studies, and ebooks that show why your product or service is the best solution to their needs.
● Purchase: At this stage, your prospective customers should know why your product or service is better than other solutions on the market, and you need to persuade your readers with datasheets, success stories, and detailed reports.
● Loyalty: Your job as an SEO copywriter is not done after your customers make a purchase because you need to keep their loyalty high. You can upsell services and offer post-sale activities to preserve the value of the original investment and enhance your company’s position in the market.
While most people think of SEO copywriting as a craft that tries to trick Google and other search engines, the truth is that SEO copywriting is all about the needs of your customers. You need to understand where your audience is in the Customer Journey and what their needs are before you can create content that gets you found online.
Start with your customers and then work backward so you can start to build a content strategy around their needs and the goals of your business!
2. Include Keywords & Questions In Your H2 Tags
Structuring your content in a way that is easy for your readers and search engines to consume your content is vital to your online success. You can have the best content on the Internet for your industry, but if you do not structure your content correctly, then you risk getting overlooked online and losing sales.
Using H2 tags throughout your content is a great way to make it easier for your audience to consume your information. You can go one step further by including keywords and questions in your H2 tags.
Google bots search H2 tags to understand the context of your information, so you should use keywords in these areas to help search engines and your human audience appreciate your content. At the same time, you can use questions in your H2 tags to help your readers find the answers they are looking for. This approach can help build trust and drive more sales since you are providing search engines and people the information they need to make an informed decision.
DogSupplies4Me does a great job using questions in their H2 tags across their site to help their customers and search engines understand their content. This approach is especially helpful in their best indestructible dog bed guides and reviews- this helps them rank and close more sales!
3. Keep A Human Tone
After a while, it can be easy for an SEO copywriter to lose their human voice as they try to optimize content for search engines. This can be a costly mistake because the truth is that your content needs to speak to your human audience since your visitors are the ones who will buy from you.
The tone and style of your content all play a crucial role in great SEO copywriting. You don’t want to sound like a robot that bores your audience or loses their attention and trust along the Customer Journey. You should be able to boost your sales by maintaining an entertaining and energetic tone, and you can accomplish this with some quick tips:
● Use an active voice.
● Add data and statistics in your content to build trust.
● Tell stories to underline a thought.
● Use examples to impress your readers.
● Include humor when appropriate.
Shinesty has a great human voice and keeps a consistent tone across their site. Their SEO copywriters know who their target audience is and they write with a tone that resonates with their target audience.
4. Link To Other Pages With Exact-Match Terms
Relationships are the backbone of the Internet, and anchor text is the visible text that links your pages together. Simply put, anchor text links are the clickable links that send users to different pages, and these links tell Google and your audience a lot about the pages that you are directing traffic to.
Anchor text is a ranking factor that Google uses and the information provided in Anchor text links provide your customers helpful information. For example, using exact-match keywords as anchor text gives search engines an idea about what your page is about, and this information can also help your customers understand the context of your website.
Whenever you link between pages, you build a direct bridge between your pages, and this helps the Google bot move between your content. This approach to your content strategy also helps move your customers towards the desired goal since you can move them through the Customer Journey with intentional anchor text links.
Be sure to use keywords in your anchor text links so you can give Google and your reader’s as much information as possible about your site. This strategy can help rank your site and boost conversions as you direct your audience around your site and to the most valuable pages based on your business goals!
5. Include Links To Useful Resources On Other Sites
Outbound links are links that point from your website to another website domain. Many SEO Copywriters think that including outbound links in their content hurts their rankings, but in reality, you can include outbound links to help search engines understand your niche and help increase the trust and quality of your site.
Since including outbound links in your content to relevant information is useful for SEO and your audience, you should consider some tips when including outbound links on your articles.
● Link to relevant sites. You should only link to related sites that are in the same niche as yours or sites that have consistent and valuable content for your customers.
● No Link Exchanges. Avoid making agreements with other sites where you link to them if they relate to you. This is called a “Link Exchange” and while this will not hurt your site initially, if you perform this tactic often you could get penalized by Google for being part of a Private Blog Network (PBN).
● Avoid too many outbound links. While having outbound links can be useful for your site, you can go overboard, and this will hurt your site. Try to concentrate on internal linking (Tip #4) and only have 2-3 outbound links for every 1,200 words of content on each page.
Grow Your Business With SEO Copywriting
Improving the content on your site is one of the best ways to drive qualified traffic to your site while improving conversions. SEO copywriting can be difficult, but if you follow these simple tips, then you will be able to get found online and educate your audience based on their stage in the Customer Journey. Use the above tips to improve your online rankings and boost conversions today!
Never miss a story..!!
Grab the Latest Human Resource jobs, News, Tips, Updates & Trends..!!
Want to share your thoughts with our readers? Learn how to become a contributing author
image 1 credit to MILKOVÍ